The Second Annual Wisconsin State High School Fishing Championship is coming up fast. WCSFO supports programs like this because we want to see the younger generation get involved in our Sport. They are our future. We need more programs like this.
The purpose of the tournament is to support and promote students respectfully enjoying the outdoors.
Feb 25. Menomonie Park, Oshkosh, WI. This tournament is in conjunction with Battle on Bago.
1. High School students form teams of 5-10. $25/team. There is no limit to the number of teams per school.
2. Your team rosters, registration and $25/team must be received by Wednesday Feb 22. Email Greg Franzen at email@example.com to get the registration form. Fill it out, write checks to Oshkosh SW Rotory and send to:
Appleton West HS
610 N. Badger Ave.
Appleton, WI 54914
3. All students must be from the same school.
4. Each team must have an Adult School Approved Chaperone/Coach that is present during the whole tournament and prize distribution. Teams must be predetermined and are allowed to fish together, but please keep their catches separate.
5. Students must catch and land all fish that are registered. Setting the hook, fighting and landing the fish must be done by students. Chaperones are not allowed to physically assist in anyway in the landing of a fish.
6. Chaperones are allowed to fish as long as they keep their fish separate at all times from the students’ catch.
7. Fishing for the HS tournament will be from 7:00am-1:30pm. You do not need to stop at the park before fishing.
8. Be in line to register fish by 2:00pm at the Tent at Menomonee Park in Oshkosh. You can weigh in 10 fish/team. Fish must be walleye, panfish(perch, bluegill or crappie), white bass or burbot.
9. The awards and prize drawings will begin at approximately 2:30pm.
10. The top three teams, based on weight, will receive a small trophy. The top 3 teams will get to pick a door prize in the order of finish. The remainder of teams’ names will be put into a drawing to pick a door prize. A list of door prizes will be sent out before Feb 25.
11. Teams are encouraged to sell raffle tickets for Battle on Bago. Schools will be reimbursed 60% of their raffle ticket sales. A check will be made out to the schools outdoor club fund and is meant to be used to promote students in the outdoors, especially fishing. The check will be sent out before the next school year. The tickets are to be sold for $5/each or 5 for $20. Make sure the stubs, extra tickets and money to Greg Franzen (see address above) by Wed Feb 22.
12. If for some reason, the HS portion of Battle on Bago gets cancelled, we will put all teams into a drawing at noon on Feb 25. We hope one advisor from each team can make it to Oshkosh to pick up the door prize.
13. Battle on Bago or its organizers can not ensure the safety of any participant. Going onto the ice can be dangerous and deadly. Safety is not the responsibility of Battle on Bago. Please exercise extreme caution on the lake. Lake Winnebago can be a very dangerous lake with unstable ice.
14. Ties will be decided by length of longest fish.
15. Teams are to take their fish with them and make every effort to clean and eat the fish.
16. Hotel information can be found at http://www.battleonbago.org/general-information/lodging.
-- REGISTRATION FORM – Click Here